Wednesday, July 7, 2010

homesickness

it's been almost 2 years since we left the Philippines. Everything is new for us (my family migrated here in Canada), a big adjustment will be made. New environment, new weather, new people, everything is new. but i did not really felt homesick.

last night, i greeted my mom through FB. It's their 40th wedding anniversary. Yes, 40th. I asked her did you have any celebration? She answered "wala, kasi wala nman kayo d2 e." then she told me she felt like crying after she read my greeting in FB.
We chatted for few more minutes and i told her it's time for me to sleep since it's already late.

I can't sleep that night. i was thinking about what she said. that she really missed us, ginger and I since we're very far from her. I missed the times that I can easily talk to her. The times that we chatted, mom, ginger, me and toni. It's like we're just sisters even with the age gap. I miss her very much even sometimes I gave her sermons, it's the other way around, I gave sermons to my mom. I missed that. I missed her advices and teachings about life. I really learned a lot from her especially as a mother. I learned to be strong, be patient, be respectful because of her.


Now i felt homesick. I missed home, even my second home (mommy fely's home.) Maybe someday I'll be home, but not now...

2 comments: