Thursday, July 15, 2010

my andrius

One day in downtown Toronto,
my son Andrius said "Mom, I want to be an actor."
"Ok, son, but you have to follow what the director will tell you, like cry.
Then he said" What??? Why?"
I answered "because an actor should know how to do all kinds of expressions and feelings."
Then he asked again "why?" I answered "because it's the way it is. Can you show me diffent expressions? Can you show me a happy face, how bout an angry one? a scary one? Wow, pede na. You can be an actor.
The he smiled back at me.

These past few days, every time Andrius gets frustrated, he cried with tears. Every time he gets mad he cried. Yesterday while he was eating lunch, he said to me that he's finish already but when I saw his plate he's not yet finished. So I told him eat your food.
"But I don't want to. I'm full already."
"No, you're not, eat."
Then he started crying again.
"Why are you crying? I told you, you should not cry because your a big boy now not a baby anymore. You're turning 5 this month. So from now on no more crying."

Then, he looked confused and said "How can I be an actor if I'm not allowed to cry?" with teary eyes again.

I answered with a smile "Oh, dear baby andrius, it's a different thing. Ok stop crying now. You can still cry if the director requests it." And i gave him a hug.

Oh, kids, I love them. Their lives are so simple but complicated to them.


1 comment:

  1. hahaha nilito mo naman kasi. ayan mega emote na tuloy siya para matuto umiyak. aba pwede ansel, kung gusto niya talaga maging artista. hehe

    ReplyDelete