Wednesday, October 27, 2010

credit cards

We're planning to buy a bedframe and we saw one that we really like. We went to Sears, and inquire about easy payment since the bedframe is expensive. The salesperson advised us to have a Sears card. So I started filling up forms then the salesperson started processing it. But I was declined for a the credit limit that we desired and was accepted only for the minimum that they can give. So she called a number and asked if i can be granted with the higher credit limit. After explaining, the person wanted to ask me some information that can be used for evaluating my credit history. She asked so many questions thru phone and my husband was impatient and decided to charge the full payment in my other credit card. at the end we did not avail of the easy payment.

I'm just wondering why am i not granted with higher credit limit for Sears card. I have another in-house card and i filled the application inside the store. After a month i think the card was approved with a reasonable credit limit and without interviews or whatsoever. no questions asked.

Maybe bec. Sears is a US company and the other is not? Well it's ok i don't need many cards anyway. not fond of it actually afraid of it.

1 comment:

  1. ansel, i think you need to use your credit card more to have a "good" credit history:-) hehe
    We are into a no debt policy now..bec of the forthcoming expenses "you know what"...we are getting rid of the credit cards (or trying to).

    ReplyDelete