Saturday, October 30, 2010

Curiosity

Kids do not have a hard a time in learning gadgets such as iphone, laptops, PSP, Wii, Xbox, Ipod etc. It's like they really know these stuff even if it's they're first time to see it.

Yesterday, my uncle and aunts talked to me about something. OMG! My second daughter took a picture of my son's private using my uncle's iphone! I checked the pictures and out of hundred pictures there are two pictures of behind and the private. Other pictures are just funny faces of them, things in the house, etc. But the two pictures made me shocked! They asked me to talk with the two in a nice way. So I talked, asked and explained to them. I asked them why they did it. They just said they don't know. So in other words, it's just a joke to them. They are just amazed of the iphone with camera. I kept calm during our conversation avoiding to be angry. I don't have problem with my eldest bec. I explained her already about "privates". So I asked them not to do it. They promised me back.

Kids life are so simple yet for we adults make them complicated because of our fears that they may hurt themselves, make mistakes, do things that are bad, may hurt other feelings and many other fears. We make sure that we protect them from these.

Kids do things out of curiosity not knowing that it's not allowed. When I knew that they took pictures of the "private", I can't help but laugh bec. I know it's nothing to them but I can't also help that this is very sensitive. Taking pictures using cellphones, cameras, Dsi is not a bad thing but you will never know what are in these pictures. And my uncle stressed out to me that if he hadn't checked his phone, and somebody look in the pictures maybe he will be asked why he has these private pictures? This is so sensitive. But he understood my kids. It's out of curiosity, nothing else.

In the end, I deleted the pictures along with hundred plus non-sense pictures that they took. I told my husband about this and we just laughed about it.

We're so lucky, my uncle and aunt are psychiatrists. They told us to spend more time with the kids bec. they really need it. They need love, affection, appreciation and respect in order for them to love and appreciate themselves and others, too. Thanks T. Dads and T.Pearl!

And my husband and I agreed. :)

And to all parents out there, with your busy schedules and all, spent quality time with your kids bec. time will come you cannot force them to have quality time with you.

3 comments:

  1. LOL Give a babe a camera and who knows what they will come up with! A video camera is even more interesting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, that was out of curiosity.

    That's why spending quality time with your kids is really important so you can manage to see what are these kids doing. And be able to give advice as they needed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, kristine!
    it's hard for us busy moms to have quality time. but we should give our best. Thanks for the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete