Friday, November 19, 2010

tjhotdog

I cooked longganiza (Filipino version of sausage) this morning as breakfast. While the kids are eating, 2nd daughter said, “I miss the red hotdog.”
Eldest said,”Me, too. Sarap nun! (It’s so delicious!)”
Son said, “Me, three!”
2nd daughter asked, ”Mom, is there red hotdogs here?”
I answered,” Naku , anak wala nun ditto, e. Sa Pilipinas lang meron. Kahit ako miss ko na rin yun. (There’s none here, it is sold I think only in the Philippines. I miss it too.)”

The red hotdog we are talking about is the Purefoods Tender Juicy Hotdog. It’s the famous brand of hot dog in the Philippines. And tastes good nothing can imitate it or beat it. Back home it’s a staple for our family to have PTJH. I fried it with garlic so it’s really delicious. I look for it here in Canada especially in Filipino and Chinese stores but cannot find it. Maybe it’s not exported here.

And I heard the kids, “Pag-uwi ko kakain ako ng madami nun!”



9 comments:

  1. we are missing Purefoods TJ too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The question is: is the red hot dog as carcinogenic (cancer causing) as the North American hot dog? If it's not, then Go Red Hot Dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,sandra!
    well i don't know about that but you made me think...maybe anyway we're just after the taste bec. it's relly different from hotdogs here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, if I can only send you TJ hotdogs there? That's our fave breakfast. Though, it's not healthy. I love it pa rin! Nom...nom...nom... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Ansel,
    Thanks, miss ko na ang Tj.
    Masarap talaga ang pagkaing pinoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gingersnap, hello!
    kaya nga, pero ok din mg-explore ng ibang pagkain...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it sounds so good> I wonder if you can get some sent to you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. good morning, modernmom!

    it really tastes good, but still it has many preservatives in it...

    ReplyDelete