Tuesday, November 9, 2010

to my bff



dear pearl,

This blog post is my gift for you.

I want to be the first to greet you a happy birthday. We've been friends for more than 10 years now, 16 years to be exact, including our freshman year in college where we first met.

Looking back to all those years, I want to thank you for being my "bestfriend" even there are years that we don't see or hear from each other. I really miss our katakawan, the dieting scheme that is not effective, study nights where we ended sleeping (Hahaha!), window shopping, watching reality bites for so many times, my sleep over, overnights in IPB for thesis experiment, the sopas of nanay luming, and treating and accepting me as part of your family.

You are so sweet and thoughtful, sending me my pregnancy book (you think I already forgot!), Lisa loeb CD, the 3rd album of Eraserheads-Circus album my favorite, and many little but simple things. I'm really grateful for that. And you also sent me books, twilight and one by mitch albom, from Hawaii!

I'm sorry I did not return the rivermaya casette tape and eraserheads magazine. I know the magazine is a collector's item now. And sorry if maybe sometime I hurt your feelings.

I am so happy now we are able to communicate (thanks YM!) almost in daily basis and catched up for the years that we don't see each other.

I thank the Lord for giving me a friend like you and one of the best.

So for you, Pearl, wish you a happy birthday. Hope you enjoy you're day and have pancit for long life. If we're neighbors I'll make a cheesecake for you.

Love you and always smile,

anSeL


remember these pictures?

4 comments:

  1. Ansel! You are one great friend:-) Thanks for this. Sinong makakalimot sa sleeping//eating/study habit natin? hehe XXXXOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so sweet!
    Best friends are absolutely priceless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet lettter to your BFF!
    Love it.

    I also wanted to thank you for your lovely comment on my blog today. I've been blogging for almost 2 years w/out showing my face, so today was a big day for me:)

    ReplyDelete