Wednesday, January 26, 2011

it's been a week

It's been a week already since my last post. I did not have the chance to write since Thursday last week because I picked up my son from school at noon. He had a bad headache and he's not feeling well. He didn't go to school last Friday so he stayed with me the whole morning. No chance to write. I just read blogs and leave comments. Weekend? Rest from blogging, family duties first. And I don't want my hubby see what I write. And today after reading Sandra's comment, I finally had the drive to post again.

So what's new? Well, just updates and changes from the older posts. From the invasion, the dark elephants are nowhere to be found in our living room but were replaced by two great elephants to whichI finally agreed with hubby. :) The dragon and horse stayed. Lucky to this two. Finally, my hubby was satisfied to his "pets" already. I'm done with the search of a good decor a.k.a. good luck charms in our small dwelling.
Isn't it weird my hubby is really concern of the displays. And as usual I don't always agree. :)

Now ,my throat hurts, maybe because of the weather, but I'm baking my second attempt of carrot cake. I baked the first attemptlast Sunday afternoon. And I don't even had a chance to take a picture of it because my family was so excited to taste and eat it. And it's so hard to concentrate on baking if all of them are here. I baked half the recipe on muffin cups and half on a square pan. As it turned out, the cake was not that moist as my hubby said but the cream cheese icing was great. The girls really liked it but my son was not impressed. He's a cheesecake fanatic.

I decided to bake again because hubby and the kids missed the taste of carrot cake. So here it is...
Finishing the icing and I'm done! Time to rest...








5 comments:

  1. wow this is yum! so you've optimized the conditions in your "experiment" ans? lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm looks great, hope that it tasted great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ansel. It is my first time to be here in your blog. Interesting! Glad I've bumped onto your page.

    I sure believe that your carrot cake tastes oh so yum!

    See you around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've been a busy girl. We are under the weather at my house too. My little one is up under me right now.
    That carrot cake looks divine!

    ReplyDelete