Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Photo Flashback


I really want to join the Friday Photo Flashback by Alicia but I don't have the time since I'm busy during Fridays. And now I had the chance-it's only 12:16am here. So here's the photo...



It's a Christmas reunion party. Taken at the ancestral house in my hometown Tiaong, Quezon (it's in the Philippines). My father's family always had a Christmas reunion every year. I don't know what year is this, maybe 1973 or 1974 because I was not here in the picture. I was born 1975.
I encircled my grandparents in red line, my parents in yellow and my elder sister in green.
Lolo Panong and Lola Isang (we call grandpa -lolo and grandma- lola) have 11 children. My dad is the 5th child.
This tradition that they had started is still practiced at the present. Every reunion has a theme. We had Hawaiian, striped/ plaid attire, orange and yellow, red and green, white and scarf, camouflage/ military attire and Savannah.We have food and parlour games. Old and young ones has to participate. It usually starts 3 in the afternoon until midnight. And of course, giving presents! That's the best part.

The last reunion was held last Dec. 27, 2010 and they had pjs a the theme.
I really missed this! The last one we attended was Dec. 2007.


8 comments:

  1. What a blessing to have such a huge family! I bet it's so fun during those holiday parties!!! Love that!! And thank you for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..what a huge family! I can only imagine the fun when you all get together and catch up on life. Great photo..thanks for sharing/

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to see old photos :) tiaong pala hometown mo.

    By the way, hindi ko pa ata nasasabi sayo i have new blog hope you could visit here is the link Real PINAY Blogger

    thanks much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all about the pictures! Love it when you post pictures!
    So you haven't been back home since 2007, that seems so long, but I know that plane fares are stupidly expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a wonderfully big family. What a nice memory. Thanks for sharing. I'm your latest follower. Nice to meet you. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to have a special time together with family. And what fun that your reunions had themes.

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always happy to reminisce tha past. Happy moments lasts! :)

    ReplyDelete