Friday, December 3, 2010

?

This morning my son asked, "Mom, why is there a chair outside the house? The one beside the front door?"

I replied,"That chair? Oh, it's for Santa. He will sit there while thinking how will he enter our house since we don't have a chimney."

"Ooooh." he said with a smile in his face while the two girls are giggling.

"He has magic. He can squeeze in the space here between the wall and door." he added.

I just agreed with him.

And off they go.

This made me smile as I close the door.

9 comments:

  1. i used to believe in santa till i was 8 or maybe 9.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! same here. sometimes i want to tell my kids that he is not true :), but of course i will not ruin their excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santa was spoilt for me by a boy at school. I still resent him for that. I hope my kids always believe. Its nice to have a little magic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa is always real as long as you believe. Clever thinking with the chair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Tammy. I have actually told my kids that if they don't believe they won't receive!

    Best wishes always,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's one good reason why the chair is placed outside the door. hehehe... was here! thanks for the visit too!

    Pink Memoirs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh such a sweet story! Love it. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet, touching story! I am sometimes surprised at how many of my 4th grade students still believe. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmm...the magic of Santa!

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete