Saturday, December 11, 2010

is it the weather?

I am not happy. I was so angry and frustrated this morning. I usually wake up on Saturdays late since there is no school, but this morning I was awaken again by yelling and shouting. And the worst is saying the word stupid back and forth. Kids again. Ate was mad because son accidentally dropped her DSi. So she yelled at him. Son was angry,too, and told his dad that ate is stupid.

Ate :"You can never use my Dsi ever!!! Why did you drop it?".

Son:"Solly (sorry), I didn't intend to."

Ate: "Don't ever touched my Dsi."

Son is crying out loud and the he said,"Ate is so stupid!"

Ate yelled back,"you're stupid!."

And Dad intervened and calmed Son. Ate and other 2nd daughter were inside their room. Silence finally.

Then hubby asked the girls to prepare themselves because they had an appointment to the doctor. But Ate and 2nd daughter were not listening because they're busy with Dsi. So I got up and told them to get ready. But still nobody move. I went back to our room and lay down again, calming myself. Every time I have something to tell them to do they don't listen. You have to say it a hundred times before they do it. And if they do it, you can witness rolling eyes, whining, complaining and stomping feet on the stairs. Not to mention banging of doors.

This week I have witnessed these every morning: crying and yelling I feel so frustrated. Are these my kids? What's happening?

Here we are so tired from working, and these scenarios will just add to your tiredness. All I'm asking is just a little consideration from you kids and just do your obligations to yourselves. I am not asking you to clean the house, prepare your food, just focus on yourselves. Be kind to your sister or brother. I just don't understand why do they have to do these things every time they're with their parents. Seeking attention?

Last night, 2nd daughter was crying in the middle of the night saying she can't sleep. When I arrived last night from work and checked them out she was fast asleep. But when she went to pee and saw a light downstairs, she started crying and said that she can't sleep. I was resting last night, having my peace time and there she goes crying. Crying in the morning and now it's crying again. And it's midnight. You gotta be kidding me or is this some kind of joke???

I hate crying but I cried this morning in front of my hubby. Can't take it anymore. Finally had a meltdown. It's my turn to cry and be angry. I went to the washroom and just sat there. Not crying anymore but thinking and telling myself "please, enough of this drama of yours. Stop it, I know it's really hard but it's just the way it is. You can handle this, they are just kids and they are your kids and you love them."

So I went out and went back to bed and lay down again. Hubby entered the room and said "don't worry I'll talk to them. They're just kids. We should be patient with them." And he kissed me on the cheek.

I know they're only kids but sometimes they pushed me to my limits. And I am angry because I have to work 3 weeks straight, so tired and sleepy, guilty because I seldom see them and if ever had the chance you have to see these scenario. Oh, how I wish I work day shift so I can see them at night before they go sleep. How I wish I am a stay home mom to take care of them and be with them. How I really wish!

And before hubby leaves the room,"If you want I can drive you to Winners tomorrow before you go to work."

As if going to a store will help me! Hmmm, maybe a little. :/


The result of being frustrated and angry: cooked fried chicken, my kids favourite!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I think we have all had days like that. Being tired makes it so much harder..that chicken would make it so much better! I have no idea how to do that!
    Hope your day brightens:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are feeling frustrated. This time of the year is so busy and it seems everyone is tired and nerves on end. Praying you find a little calmness in the madness. I don't know how old your kids are, but I can assure you this too shall pass. And when it does, you'll probably be crying b/c it's too quiet! lol My oldest is off to college. She and her brother used to tie up all the time. I miss her drama. I can't believe I'm saying that, but I do.
    Take care of yourself!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again! If it's truly easy and not too much trouble I would LOVE the receipe for your fried chicken. Thanks!
    modernmom at rocketmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. im so touched by this.

    i can't believe it, you're really such a mom already, sel. i wouldn't know how to cope with this. i mean, well u know what i mean. wala akong experience nito. but as tammy says, this too shall pass. and meantime, enjoy mo nga ang mga taong kapiling mo sila. ikaw din naman siguro, dumaan din sa ganitong children's quarrels noon. ",)
    stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel you- SO MUCH! With this crazy weather, and the kids not being able to go outside, and the upcoming holidays? I felt like this today. I just needed to CRY! I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ansel! papatulugin ko lang si mikel then i hope hindi ako makatulog para makapagblog pa at chat tayo...take it easy. pagod ka lang. tulog ka ng maaga ngayon. ano yung DSi? hindi ko nga alam yun, seriously..hehe outdated na talaga ako.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel bad about that Ansel. Maybe, what we can do is to try to understand them. I believe they will outgrow that behavior. They will mature soon...

    ReplyDelete