Monday, December 13, 2010

the sun is smiling

It's peace and quiet here. And it's so white outside. It's snowing again since last night.

I am calm now and relaxed already. My husband woke me up yesterday morning and we had our early morning talk. We talked about the week that had passed, what happened last Saturday, our work, everything. And then son entered the room. He said good morning with kisses and hugs. Then entered 2nd daughter, lay down beside me and hugged me. I think it's their way of saying sorry. And I knew that their Dad talked to them.

I was waiting for Ate. But she didn't came to our room. His dad was calling her but still no reply. You see my eldest personality is similar to me. It's hard for me to say sorry. She does not like to show her emotions. And it's the same with me.

She did not talk to me, not a single word. And I'm just waiting. I want her to have the first move so she will realize that she is really sorry. They played in the basement and after a while, son handed me small paper.

It's a note from Ate.

It says, "Mom, I very sorry for what I've done. I tried the water slide in the community center. It's so fun." With a drawing of a kid sliding. I wasn't able to save the letter. :( Hubby cleaned yesterday and he threw it already in the garbage. He likes throwing things in the garbage. But that is a different story.

Back to my eldest. Then I went down to the basement and said sorry also. I gave her a hug and she kissed me. Both of us are smiling!


We went to Mass and prayed. I am happy now.

I was once a kid, too. And I think sometimes I think like a kid. It's just so hard to deal with kids especially if you don't agree with them. I know it's a learning process. You have to be patient with them, after all they are still young. Our love and guidance is all they need. And it's funny you can see your traits in your kids. It's like a mirror image.

And the best part? I had my new pair of boots already. Yey! Hubby brought me to the shoe store yesterday afternoon before going to work. I saw the boots that I really like. And it's on sale with a really good price.

After the rain, the sun is up again.

5 comments:

  1. show me your boots! take a pic. I am still ridding up here at home. daming kalat! ikaw na ikaw si adeline!:-) kakatuwa kayo. hina ng signal ng kapitbahay! (nagreklamo pa no, nakikigamitna nga lang. ha ha)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the sun is shining again in your world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you and your positive attitude! And for ate too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an uplifting post! I love your attitude.

    ReplyDelete