Tuesday, March 29, 2011

my vacation part 2

Day 3- What a day! Snow on the first week of spring! And I picked up my kids from school and we just walked. Too much snow on the streets and sidewalks. And it's cold and tiring. My son cried as we walked because it's so hard foe him to walk with all the snow. I shovelled our driveway, so my hubby can easily park the car and the snow continued until evening. We planned to go to the park after school but the weather did not cooperate. We just stayed inside the house. I was not able to bake a cake, too tired after walking and shovelling.

Day 4-My plans for day 4 was cancelled because my son is not feeling well again. He was coughing and I was afraid that it will be worst just like what happened the 1st week of March. I decided to take him to our family doctor. But this time we will take public transit. I don't have any choice since we only own 1 car and I don't drive. - that's my goal this year to learn how to drive, I think it's a must for a suburb mom. It is so hard to walk on the sidewalks because of the snow. First week of spring and we experienced one full day with continuous snow. But Day 4 is a sunny day.As it turned out, we had a great day, my son and I. Our commute is like a field trip to him. He loves riding in the bus. We are seated at the back of the bus where he can see all the views. We arrived early on our stop so I bought my son a muffin since he said he is hungry already. He ate his blueberry muffin and he really liked it. A big muffin for a dollar. Not bad. We went straight to the doctor's clinic. His checked up was fine. He was given a prescription and got it from the pharmacy. I liked this pharmacy because the personnel here are so friendly and they are all Filipinos. I checked our transfer ticket-will expire at 4pm. It was already 3:45pm. My son and I rushed down the street. And rode the bus exactly 4pm. The transfer ticket is still valid. Yey! We only spent $3 for our trip. We were both tired and fell asleep in the bus. We waited for my husband at the mall near our stop. While we waited I treated my son with a popsicle. If you just can see his joy while eating. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera. :(

Day 5- I stayed at home the whole day. I didn't sent my son to school. I wanted him to have a full rest. The girls had a date with their Uncle at the bookstore after school. My son and I had a nap. He had a headache and was crying. After our nap, I gave him a bath. He stopped complaining with his headache while he is in the tub. He enjoyed it, really. At dinner, we decided to have a Vietnamese Pho soup. So the five of us went out for our dinner. It is so good to have a hot soup in this cold weather.


That's it. My vacation is over. Back to work, back to reality.

1 comment:

  1. I love PHO!:-)
    Sanay na sanay ka na sa canada ansel. Ako ni hindi pa nakakasakay sa public transpo dito. never pa, kahit sa hawaii, at sa seattle:(
    sorry ngayon lang nakapagbasa ulit...busy. mwahhh

    ReplyDelete