Thursday, March 10, 2011

worries

What a week! We are really stressed out this week. First, my son had a bad cough and had to stay home and rest. I have less hours of sleep because he is really coughong badly since Sunday. He was checked up already by a doctor and gave him an antibiotic that the pharmacist said that is an ultimate already. As in a strong medicine for his age plus 2 puffers. Four days after, I can see the improvement. Thank God!

And here's another thing: when I came home last night, our furnace is not working! No heat inside the house. Temperature is dropping from 20 degrees to 18 degrees. Another problem for my hubby and I. :(
We checked everything, tried to call hotlines for furnace repair and Enbridge gas. I tried to read the manual just to find out what's wrong. Hubby had no patience in reading the manual. In my understanding of the manual, the furnace had a lock out. It's about the sensor or something that's why it's not lighting anything and the motor is not working. Hubby even thought maybe there's no gas supply but it can't be. Who's crazy person gonna cut your gas supply in this kind of weather? And the funny thing is I just called Enbridge yesterday about our bill that we have not received since December. Really it's weird. At 1 am, we went to bed. Hubby stayed inside the girl's room with the small portable heater and I with my son in his small room. My hubby woke up this morning and found out that the temp. is already 15 degrees! Oh, it's getting colder. And he is really mad and worried.

He called Enbridge, but it's not the problem. So we searched furnace repair on the net and found one near us. They gave us 1 and 1/2 hours and the technician will be right here. I told my hubby to wait for the technician and be late for work. Luckily, the technician arrived he leave for work. And one really weird thing is, the furnace is already working minutes before the technician arrived. But at least he can have a checked. He did some checks and explained why it happened. As of this time, it is still working. I hope it will stay OK...

2 comments:

  1. Augh, I hope your furance is repaired! This is not the time of year to be without!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the furnace is working by now! And that your son is feeling better:)

    ReplyDelete